South Riding Virginia
South Riding, Virginia
|— CDP —|
Location within the state of Virginia
|Coordinates: 38°55′15″N 77°30′14″W / 38.92083°N 77.50389°W / 38.92083; -77.50389Coordinates:
Click the blue globe to open an interactive map.
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|GNIS feature ID|
South Riding is a census-designated place and planned community in Loudoun County, Virginia. The population as of the 2010 Census was 24,256. . Neighboring U.S. Route 50 and State Route 28 provide access to the Dulles/Reston/Tysons Corner technology corridor and other major employment centers in Northern Virginia and Washington, D.C. South Riding was established June 1995.
Located in the richest county in the nation, South Riding has a median household income of $160,021. The average listing price for homes in South Riding is between $511,000 and $624,000. Loudoun County also ranks as the 10th most educated county in the nation.
As of the 2010 census: White 74.1%, Black 5.08%, Asian 13.53%, Hispanic 11.18%. Between 2009 and 2014, the White population is expected to grow by 25%, the African American population by 37%, the Asian population by 90% and Hispanic population by 81%.[discuss]
Little River Elementary
J Michael Lunsford Middle School
- ^ Virginia Trend Report 2: State and Complete Places (Sub-state 2010 Census Data). Missouri Census Data Center. Accessed 2011-03-08.
- ^ Loudoun County Home Prices Trulia.com. Accessed 2011-08-03.
- ^ Northern Virginia localities home to wealthiest, most educated residents Virginia Business. 2010-12-10.
- ^ http://www.loudountimes.com/index.php/real_estate/south_riding/
 External links
- South Riding Developer Web Site
- South Riding Community Web Site
- Information on South Riding businesses and activities
- Dulles South
- Schools serving South Riding
|This Loudoun County, Virginia state location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|